[cairo] TrueType and OpenType fonts in EPS

Jeff Aigner jaigner at setnine.com
Sun Apr 18 16:34:40 PDT 2010

Hello,

I am working on a project where I will need to output EPS files that
contain pre-made EPS graphics, as well as fonts in both the TTF and OTF
formats.

I've done some digging for quite some time, and I'm still baffled as to
whether or not there is an actual solution for this. Pango doesn't seem
to support ttf, or otf with any amount of stability. I understand the
FreeType library has support for both, but I'm unsure if that would
integrate well with cairo.

Does anybody have recommendations for a setup that I would be able to
use? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff Aigner