[cairo] introducing a "context backend"

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 03:04:24 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 21:50 +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Does you mean you'd have cairo_save/cairo_restore manage a stack of
> cairo_gstate_backend_t? Because I was thinking they should be backend
> functions instead...

I think what we are all talking about is the same thing, just that Cairo
uses the gstate terminology for this. The save/restore functions are
backend functions already - see the implementation of cairo_save(),
which does nothing but call _cairo_gstate_save(). The only thing the
gstate currently does not manage is the path. (See cairo-private.h for
the definition of cairo_gstate_t).

I think keeping the gstate name is a good thing as it's well understood
inside Cairo and "context" is such a general name.

Benjamin