[cairo] compile PyCairo against newly build Cairo libs

Prashant Saxena animator333 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 24 01:14:07 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have just compiled cairo on ubuntu hardy (cairo 1.8.10, pixman
0.18.0). All the libraries are in /usr/local/. When I am compiling
pycairo 1.8.8 using "python setup.py install", I am getting an error:

Code:
Package 'cairo' requires 'pixman-1 >= 0.12.0' but version of Pixman is 0.10.0
Error: cairo >= 1.8.8 not foundit seems it's still have no clue about newly installed libs. How
do I set path/vars to build pycairo against the  newly installed libs?

I tried setting up these vars before installing:

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib
export CAIRO_LIBS=/usr/local/lib
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfigbut still no luck.

Cheers

Prashant