[cairo] Font smoothing using anti aliasing

shiplu shiplu.net at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 16:39:50 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 5:23 AM, Karl Tomlinson <cairo at karlt.net> wrote:
>> No matter what CAIRO_ANTIALIAS_* option I set. It doesn't change the
>> image. Its just as it is.
>
> I don't know what's up there.
> What type of surface is in the cairo_t?

I have created the surface with the following code

this->cro_surface = cairo_image_surface_create(CAIRO_FORMAT_ARGB32,
width, height);

> It may also be interesting to compare the output of these commands:
>
> pango-view -t "some text Wv" --backend=cairo
This shows the text anti aliased.
> pango-view -t "some text Wv" --backend=xft
This shows the text anti aliased too

But `pango-view -t "some text Wv" --backend=ft2` shows just like the
image I am getting using my program. Thats strange. Cause I am using
cairo and output is like ft2??!!