[cairo] Pango issues on OSX

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 10:01:08 PDT 2010

I succeeded in getting Pango/Cairo compiled for OSX, without the FT/FC
backends. But I'm seeing some interesting results. I wrote a little
character viewer, similar to what the OSX character palette provides,
and then put it side by side with the character palette viewer,
starting at 0x0400 (Cyrillic block).

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14jt8vq&s=3

I show the ghlyphs shown, simply by creating a Layout object, setting
it's utf8 text, and giving it a font description string that looks
something like ",20", and then using show_layout().

Is there a good explanation for what's missing? Do I need to deug
something in the library somewhere? TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist