No subject

Tue Aug 10 03:28:24 PDT 2010

e<br>
wise it&#39;s slightly lagging. Although I have implemented<br>
a custom cache implementation to make it as fast as possible but still I ne=
ed<br>
some tips to improve it.<br>
Once a node is drawn it&#39;s cached as bitmap and instead of calling entir=
e drawing<br>
operations, I am drawing it&#39;s bitmap.<br>
The main area where I need speed-ups are related to view port navigation:<b=
r>
1. When you select a node and move, you have to repeatedly call the main &#=
39;draw&#39;<br>
to update the canvas and it&#39;s drawing all the nodes.<br>
2. When you zoom-in or zoom-out (scaling DCs), you have to re-cache the nod=
e.<br>
3. When you scroll/pan the canvas you have to draw all the nodes for every<=
br>
mouse-move call. This is much slower if you have already zoomed-in.(DC&#39;=
s scale<br>
is 5 or greater)<br>
Overall, how do you take out most of cairo/pycairo when you are creating a<=
br>
frame-work similar to the screen shot above?<br>
Shall I try newer version? (if there are any performance based improvements=
rather then functionality)<br>
Cheers<br>
Prashant<br>
--<br>