[cairo] Build system b0rkage and pthread

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 14:35:29 PDT 2010

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:01:38 -0400, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kinda in a rant mode.
>
> Two specific issues:
>
>   - This commit of Chris: 7f114b781f5c530d57530e5f76402e41cdabac6b
> Is very wrong for many reasons, least of which because it modifies
> Makefile.am.gtk-doc which we copy from gtk-doc and should not be modified.

Makefile.am.gtk-doc doesn't say that, how are we supposed to know?

> I'm not sure why the commit was needed.  The commit message doesn't make sense
> to me.

make distcheck fails because it (at least the version of autoconf that I
was using...) does chmod a-w on _build/ and the original
invocation of gtk-doc tries to modify the files within _build/, fails
and distcheck complains loudly.

Consider yourself kicked. :)

Behdad, the build system is truly one of the best I've had the opportunity
to use, thanks and I'm sorry for tarnishing it.