[cairo] cairo_status_t cleared?

Daniel Goldman dagoldman at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 17 13:27:52 PDT 2010

Does cairo_status_t from cairo_t ever get cleared (overwritten with
CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS)? The cairo_status_t documentation says that it retains the
last error, but is silent on whether ever cleared by a successful running
function. I know I could experiment, but it seems better to find out the overall
policy.

Also, is there a function (or other recommended way) to reset cairo_t to
CAIRO_STATUS_SUCCESS? I looked, but could not find one. This would be analogous
to resetting errno to 0 before calling some C functions. My idea is to enclose
the cairo functions within access functions. The access function automatically
takes action if cairo_status_t has an error condition after running the cairo
function.

Daniel

PS: A little suggestion. Have a link from
http://cairographics.org/manual/index.html back to http://cairographics.org/
main page.