[cairo] OpenVG

Paul Brooker paul at thefunnyfish.net
Thu Aug 26 11:41:13 PDT 2010

Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 08/19/2010 10:59 PM, Paul Brooker wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> Has anyone had any success with the OpenVG backend? Im not sure that im
>> setting up the surface correctly.  Here is the code im using to test
>> with, i have verified that EGL+OpenVG works by drawing with OpenVG
>> directly, but cant get cairo to work.
>
> Which implementation of EGL are you using? How are you linking the
> thing? Could you provide a full file (people is lazy)? Which is the
> unexpected result ?

Im using EGL 1.2 implemented on a TI OMAP.  The code i posted was more or less the full file apart from the includes which were:

#include <cairo.h>
#include <cairo-vg.h>
#include <EGL/egl.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

It compiles without errors with the following:

export PREFIX=/opt/omap
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -Wall `pkg-config --cflags --libs cairo freetype2 fontconfig pixman-1 libxml-2.0` -lpng12 -lz -L$PREFIX/lib -lEGL -lIMGegl
-lsrv_um -lGLESv2 -lGLES_CM -lOpenVG -lOpenVGU -I$PREFIX/include -I$PREFIX/include/cairo -I$PREFIX/include/OVG -o testcairovg testcairovg.c

On the target, it runs but nothing is drawn on screen.  Cairo works fine when drawing to an image surface.

Thanx for your time, Paul