[cairo] changed semantics of cairo_destroy

Benjamin Otte otte at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 16:05:54 PDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 12:01 +0200, Maarten Bosmans wrote:
> > Or in other words: If the X11 backend would do flushing, all programs
> > would be broken right now and the disro maintainers would hunt you with
> > pitchforks...
>
> Do you mean that my proposed patch for Gtk would break X11 apps? Or
> just that it would cause problems if Gtk on X11 would be as strict as
> on win32?

The second. It was meant as a snipe at Joonas' "it's all your fault"
style of writing his reply. ;)

> Indeed, I first started adding flushes to murrine, but it didn't solve
> the problem as those cairo_t where all shortlived and were not mixed
> with native rendering. The flushes in the patch were the minimum
> required to get correct rendering on windows, but that's not to say
> that there shouldn't be more to be really adhering to the cairo/native
> semantics.

I've had an idea on how to work around this issue in GTK and attached a
patch to the GTK bug. Pleas try it and report back there.
I think we should move the discussion to that bug anyway as it's a GTK
specific issue.

Benjamin