[cairo] Building on RedHat with non standard libary locations

philip at vogon.net philip at vogon.net
Fri Dec 10 08:23:51 PST 2010

I am trying to build on a RH system, to which I do not have root access.

Pixman is not installed, so I downloaded this and installed it.
The installation is based in a directory named /opt/ldapadm/

So the pixman libraries are in /opt/ldapadmin/lib

When I try to configure cairo, I don’t see any way (at least not from
config --help) to tell configure to look in /opt/ldapadm/lib for its
libraries.

I get the following (of course):

checking for pixman... no
configure: error: pixman >= 0.10.0 is required
(http://cairographics.org/releases/)

Any suggestions on how to get configure to add a non standard library path
to its searches?

Philip