[cairo] Pango License

Thomas Stover thomas at wsinnovations.com
Wed Dec 15 12:36:21 PST 2010

> From: Travis Griggs <travisgriggs at gmail.com>
>
> Is there any hope of Pango every becoming dual licensed?
>
> I just found out today, that because Pango is exclusively LGPL, we're
> dead in the water using it for some of our customers. At least on
> platforms such as OSX and Windows.

wow, I'll bite. What reason do the suits have for saying yes to LGPL on
say Linux, but no on "platforms such as OSX and Windows"? Or did I
misunderstand? Don't mean to divert into a tangent, but after researching
to heck out licenses, I was going with LGPL for some things I'm releasing,
and therefor particularly interested in what sort of non-logic is going
around in who knows what legal magazine this week.

--
www.thomasstover.com
NO CARRIER