[cairo] [Patch] cairo-xcb: Stop using xcb_take_socket

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Dec 25 01:49:13 PST 2010

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 17:37:22 +0100, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:
> attached is a monster patch that makes cairo-xcb use the functions from xcb
> instead of hand-writing all the requests and using xcb_take_socket / xcb_writev
> to write it out:

Still not a fan of the autogenerated API. But that experiment has run its
due course. It started before cairo_device_t as a means of owning the
connection so that we could a sequence of cairo ops atomically. (Though
xcb can itself take the socket back and give it to any other thread so the
parallelism argument is moot.)

Looks good, applied. Uli, isn't about time you applied for a fd.o account
and commit privileges? The patches you've been producing have been
excellent and you seem spirited enough to make xcb a supported backend. :)
-Chris