[cairo] Interix

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Tue Dec 28 13:50:29 PST 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, Eric A. Hall wrote:

[snip re: AM_V_* gunk]

> They get converted to ")" EG:
>
>    )/bin/sh ../libtool ) --tag=CC ....
>
> The GNU notes say it's not POSIX compliant
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/automake/Options.html

Gah, okay.  I guess as a workaround you could try 1) using GNU Make to
build cairo, or 2) run autotools on your Interix system, possibly
commenting out the invocation of AM_SILENT_RULES in configure.ac
first.  This is ultimately an Automake bug, so I'm inclined to tell
you to open up a bug report with them, but I guess we can also try
disabling silent mode in release packages on the cairo end too.  For
the time being though, please try the workarounds!

Cheers,

Joonas