[cairo] Cairo-1.10.0: generated documentation completeness?

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 02:26:30 PST 2010

2010/9/11 Anne et Damien Carbonne <aetdcarbonne at free.fr>:
> Hi,
>
> First, let's me thank you for Cairo-1.10.
>
> I'm in the process of completing the Ada binding for this release and had a
> look to the latest online Cairo API: I did not find anything about XML, Tee,
> Recording or Script Surfaces.
> Aren't these surfaces platform independent? If the answer is positive, I
> think something is missing or went wrong in documentation generation.

The recording surface is in the documentation now. The other surfaces
are unsupported features, just like, e.g. the xcb, drm, qt, gl
surfaces.

> Anyway, whatever the host on which Cairo is compiled / installed, is there a
> solution to generate a complete documentation, including for targets that
> are not supported by this host ?
> I believe it would be useful to have the whole documentation available.

Well, the documentation generating machinery is set up to ignore
unsupported features, regardless of whether they are enabled at
compile time or not.

I guess it makes sense to include them in the documentation, perhaps
under a section 'unsupported surfaces'. The experimental backends
should be discoverable, especially because they are also announced,
for example in the 1.10 release notes.

> Best regards,
> Damien Carbonne

Maarten