[cairo] cairo-with-xlib-xrender rendering is not proper

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 01:24:36 PST 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:33:48 +0530, prudhvi raj <prudhviraj.v at gmail.com> wrote:
>     Can anyone identify the reason for this improper display if we enable
> xlib-xrender option in cairo. Is it a bug in cairo/xrender implementation or
> we are missing some thing else in the configuration?? The configuration
> settings we are using is mentioned below.

This sounds very much like a bug in your xserver handling
XRenderCompositeGlyphs*. The fact that the fallbacks would seem to be
working correctly implies that your font configuration is functional. The
fact that the error is not a single glyph, with the error repeated implies
that the upload of the glyph data is functional. Similarly the indices
seem intact, as do the glyph coordinates. The only thing that remains is
to fix your xserver.
-ickle