[cairo] Subtractive API, part 0

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Tue Feb 2 22:43:53 PST 2010

On Feb 2, 2010, at 2:56 PM, ecir hana wrote:

> Again, where can I get a destination profile for some random printer
> and random paper? And how could I get possibly good result if I don't
> have the right destination profile? From that costly iterative cycle?

The more common way is to create output targeting one of the common "industry" profiles such as SWOP for North America. Then the print house takes over with applying the smaller delta from the "common" CMYK profile to their specific printer, ink and paper they are about to run your job on.

Or from Microsoft if you feel like it.

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/color/CMYK_Profile.mspx