[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

ecir hana ecir.hana at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 15:22:16 PST 2010

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Bill Spitzak <spitzak at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the application has an image in deviceA space and wants to draw it on
> Cairo's deviceB, it converts it to sRGB and sends it. Then Cairo
> converts from sRGB to deviceB.
>
> Now it talks to another Cairo back end for deviceC. Again the
> application converts the image to sRGB and sends it. Then Cairo converts
> from sRGB to deviceC.

I'm not sure I followed:

I have a picture in CMYK (SWOP ICC), that's "deviceA". I want to
preview it on screen, *application* converts it to sRGB and sends this
3D data to Cairo. Then, Cairo converts it to the space of my monitor
("deviceB") and draws it.

It looks ok, so I want to export PDF - *application* converts my
picture to sRGB and Cairo converts it back to SWOP CMYK (because I
print in US on coated paper).

Is this what you said?