[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Wed Feb 17 03:14:19 PST 2010

On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Bill Spitzak wrote:

> I tried to make an analogy: if you convert dollars to pounds by
> multplying by 1.6, and you convert pounds to euros by mulitplying by
> 1.4, then you can multiply these two factors together and get a more
> efficient method of converting dollars to euros. At no point is the
> value in pounds now. But this does not mean that you have invented some
> new type of money that cannot be specified as a number of pounds.

Perhaps an analogy might help here too.

If I take my family Bible and sell it to a local collector I can travel more easily and then just buy a new copy once I arrive in my destination country. Yes, I can sell it in dollars, land in England, convert my currency to pounds and then buy a copy there with those.

*However* in doing so I have lost all the history and genealogy that my family has recorded in that tome. So there was more value in that book than just repurchasing the same ISBN could recover.