[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Feb 17 11:36:27 PST 2010

On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Bill Spitzak wrote:

> I do not think Cairo should understand color profiles. This is an
> ENORMOUS complication that will only cause grief. This is why I very
> strongly reject any of Kai-Uwe Behrmann's ideas.

This is consistent with your massive state of confusion about color profiles (of any format) being casually discardable metadata, rather than being data loss. And the absurd notion that professional workflows want embedded profiles ignored. It's just total nonsense, and utterly backwards. It's a lazy approach to not actually fix problem, and not let applications stand alone on their own merit. Everything I've read of Kai Uwe in this thread has been spot on.

Chris Murphy
Color Remedies (TM)
New York, NY