[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:55:43 PST 2010

Jon Cruz wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2010, at 10:25 PM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>
>> Colour conversions on linux are almost modular. No need to reinvent the
>> wheel.
>
> And quite trivial. I can attest to the fact that it took my only a week of part-time poking to hook LittleCMS into Inkscape, with most of that being the work to track down the proper spots of Inkscape's rendering pipeline to hook in to. Hooks to allow for different CMM should be fairly simple to implement also.

This is very interesting as you have actually done this in a program
that does (or wants) to use Cairo.

In your opinion, exactly what support in Cairo do you need or want?

It would seem that you did cms just fine without the need for Cairo to
support it, which matches what I think. However I suspect also you are
not trying to send exact colors to pdf, which is apparently the main
push behind trying to get cms into Cairo.