[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

ecir hana ecir.hana at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 03:19:10 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:

> I think it s backend specific and the cairo API can not make assumptions,
> in which order things are to be drawn. Still the passed colour objects can
> be immediately be forgoten inside cairo if no longer needed or copied
> otherwise. The PDF case would be a draw and forget case.

I thought Cairo is "immediate mode" kind of library, as opposed to
"retained mode".

> Same for colours without CMS. The current cairo colour toy API can still
> process colours. This is similiar to the font toy API.

What do you mean by "current cairo colour toy API"?
"cairo_set_source_rgb()"? That doesn't handle CMYK and spots. Are you
saying that in order to use CMYK I have to use CMS and have the needed
profiles? Because that's something I don't really like because
sometimes I just know that the text should be CMYK(0, 0, 0, 100) or
that I want to use exactly 100% of this Pantone - I shouldn't be
required to have a profile for it.