[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

M Joonas Pihlaja jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi
Sat Feb 20 03:35:44 PST 2010

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010, ecir hana wrote:

> Are you
> saying that in order to use CMYK I have to use CMS and have the needed
> profiles? Because that's something I don't really like because
> sometimes I just know that the text should be CMYK(0, 0, 0, 100) or
> that I want to use exactly 100% of this Pantone - I shouldn't be
> required to have a profile for it.

Why not?  I don't expect cairo to ever be able to render with spots
which it can't understand simply because the vector backends fall back
to the raster backend for some operations.  I think that expecting
cairo to be able to use some random spot it knows absolutely nothing
about is expecting too much.

Joonas