[cairo] XLib surfaces and redraws.

James Wetter wetter.j at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 15:43:27 PST 2010

Hi,
I have been trying to write an X11 driver for my ploting layer and have run
into some troubles.
This is the first time I have used Xlib, so I by no means am I an expert.

Currently I use cairo to draw to an off-screen pixmap and when ever the
device is flushed, exposed, or resized I use XCopyArea to draw the pixmap to
the window.

This works most of the time, but expose events are not generated if the
window does not have focus or if you alt-tab to it.

I was wondering if there is a way to get cairo to do some of this for me.

Thanks,
James