[cairo] Spot colors (and CMYK)

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:58:35 PST 2010

I'm still confused. Does a "profile" contain a translation from every
possible spot color to CMYK?

I was under the impression that this is not part of a profile, though
the profile will tell how to render something in CMYK or some other
space that you can specify the equivalents of the spot color in.

Then again, there appears to be an api by which a set of spot colors is
defined as an all-new color_space_t, therefore it is true that the
colorspace defines the translations. It's just that this color space is
built by the application, not by reading some device specification?