[cairo] PDF backend generates images that gs can't display etc

Jon Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Fri Feb 26 08:26:51 PST 2010

On Feb 25, 2010, at 11:10 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:

> PDF 1.3 is legacy and should be dismissed for enabling modern workflows. PDF 1.2 shouldn't be considered.

Scribus guys have mentioned that although PDF 1.4 is the basis for "modern RIP"s, there are huge areas in the industry that are still on PDF 1.3 based solutions.

I guess one could say things like "print shops in North America have not switch to modern RIPs yet", etc.

But 1.2 is definitely right out.