[cairo] building cairo (was Re: 1.10 release schedule)

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:40:50 PST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:48 AM, Theo Veenker <T.J.G.Veenker at uu.nl> wrote:
> IIRCC a few years back there was some talk about using cmake instead of the
> autotools. I believe it was considered unwise to spend time on setting up
> a new build system instead of working on cairo itself.

Coincidentally, I just got this alert from Google today on using CMake
for projects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ut9o4OdSC0&feature=sdig&et=1263004671.39

I've played with a few projects that use CMake, and found it to be
quite easy to use (as a 'client').  This would probably be a good
option if an alternative build system was being considered.  It's nice
because it uses a text based format, and generates Makefiles on UNIX
systems, Xcode projects, and Visual Studio projects (for various
versions of Visual Studio).

-Brent