[cairo] possible postscript bug question

Micha micha-1 at fantasymail.de
Thu Jan 14 10:43:14 PST 2010

Hi,

I wanted to print a document made with inkscape but instead of my graphics I
got a stack trace from my printer with the error "offending operator: 0a".
After google it seems that inkscape uses cairo to generate it's ps (or pdf)
output and the cairo lib inserts a '\n' character into the hex code of the
embedded fonts in the ps file. There is a patch for ubuntu here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+source/cairo/1.8.8-2ubuntu1.1

which makes the output work, the file is printed correctly.

So, is this a cairo bug? Is there a chance that this patch gets included in
the next version?

thanks,
 Michael