[cairo] Plan for releasing 1.8.10 (this month!)

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Thu Jan 14 15:17:24 PST 2010

Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org> writes:

> PS. Going forward, perhaps we'll want to ensure we never go more than 6
> months between releases. The X server is doing time-based releases on a
> 6-month schedule aligned to the end of March and the end of
> September. It would probably make sense to align with that if that makes
> sense for pixman too. Søren, what do you think?

Pixman major releases have followed that schedule pretty closely so
far:

 4-Oct-2007              0.9.6
27-Mar-2008             0.10.0              6 months
17-sep-2008             0.12.0              6 months
 6-Feb-2009             0.14.0              5 months
28-Aug-2009             0.16.0              7 months

so I'm fine with shooting for this sort of interval, though I don't
want to rule out the possibility that some releases could be longer or
shorter if the situation calls for it.

Soren