[cairo] Pixman coordinates

Krzysztof Kosiński tweenk.pl at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 16:40:34 PDT 2010

W dniu 1 lipca 2010 10:31 użytkownik M Joonas Pihlaja
<jpihlaja at cc.helsinki.fi> napisał:
> I would be extremely hesitant to increase this due to arithmetic
> precision issues within both cairo and pixman.  In my experience, if
> you've got images this large then you're better off treating cairo as
> a limited precision output device (because it is, even if those limits
> are undocumented!) and taking control of your precision requirements
> by doing tiled rendering.

What do you mean by "tiled rendering"? I already split the rendering
into tiles, but it's still not possible to render paths that are
larger than 32767 pixels at the given zoom level, even if the target
surface has a size that is way below the limit.

It is possible to overcome this limitation outside Cairo for paths and
linear gradients, but it's not possible for radial gradients.

Regards, Krzysztof