[cairo] Problems with mesureString: and showText: on Quartz

Maarten Mostert maarten.mostert at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jul 3 20:03:58 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am using Cairo since a couple of years now to make a small task scheduling and project management tool using a smalltalk binding and I think it is great.
You will be able to see and grab some work in progress here:  http://stakepoint.com/
When trying to port my application from Windows to OSX however I keep on hitting problems with mesureString:  and  showText: on Quartz when working in an animated widget.
Whenever I use these directly on Quartz with a 30 millisecond or so refresh rate (without using a cairo image first) my application will brake after a few seconds.
If I try to trace you bug lists I can't find any know issues related to these.

Regards,

@+Maarten,