[cairo] Pixman coordinates

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 08:29:45 PDT 2010

On 07/03/2010 11:06 AM, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:

> A good start would be to rearchitect cairo to 1) not use a fixed point
> internal representation of paths, and 2) defer mapping from user to
> device space, preferably leaving both decisions to each individual
> backend.  Not that I think this is actually a *simpler* way to solve
> it. :)

No it is not simpler, but fixing this in Cairo would help EVERYBODY
trying to use it. Fixing it in the program using Cairo would only solve
the problem for one programmer.

I don't think preserving the original coordinates is needed.
Transforming immediately to device coordinates should work, and may
allow less than full double precision to be used internally.