[cairo] libsvg status?

Edward Lam edward at sidefx.com
Tue Jul 6 06:23:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

I was looking at using the svg2png snapshot with some enhancements for
converting SVG to PNG. However, it seems that it hasn't been updated in
a while now and doesn't even compile with the current version of Cairo.
Looking at the latest version of it in git [1], it seems that svg2png no
longer uses libsvg-cairo at all. So does this mean that the whole
libsvg/libsvg-cairo code is no longer in development?

The current svg2png code seems to use librsvg-cairo. The whole point of
me trying to use svg2png was to avoid librsvg in the first place because
of it's dependencies on gtk. I'm basically looking for some sort of svg
to png conversion that is gtk free. It's not clear to me whether
librsvg-cairo is gtk free because I can't even seem to find where the
latest repo code is. Any pointers?

Thanks,
-Edward

1. http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~cworth/svg2png/tree/svg2png.c