[cairo] Multithreading questions

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 10:37:00 PDT 2010

I am using cairo in a slightly multithreaded application. From my
experience, if you do not draw to the same surface from multiple threads
at one time - you will be ok.

If you use the same surface as a source for patterns that will be used
in different threads, it may work unless you need to rotate a pattern.
I.e. "read only" shared use is not always without issues.

Any use of font output seems to break badly when used from multiple
threads, so if you must output text, make sure to serialize.

I am a cairo user, not a developer - so YMMV.