[cairo] Linux framebuffer surface

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Wed Jul 28 08:47:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:49:21 -0400, "Andrea Rossignoli" <cairo at armbox.net> wrote:
> It works very well, at least using qemu-system-arm.
>
> So my question is, do you plan in future to add support for a "linuxfb"
> surface or find it worth adding it ?

No. As you aptly demonstrate the current API is sufficient to enable
drawing directly to an memory-mapped device. I see little point in moving
the esoteric bits for creating the mmap into cairo itself. The point at
which it becomes interesting to write a native backend for cairo is when
we can hook the high level routines into an acceleration architecture -
for which you require internal knowledge to efficiently integrate.
-ickle