[cairo] How to test the gl backend?

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at linux.intel.com
Thu Jun 3 09:36:29 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 17:44 +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:

> However, again, as far as I know, GTK uses a lot ob child-windows so
> you would probably need a lot of OpenGL contexts which doesn't work
> that well.

gtk+ doesn't use sub-windows any more, since 2.18. now there's a general
1:1 mapping between top-level windows and X windows[0].

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

[0] except that code might still request a real, native Window for
specific purposes, e.g. direct GL drawing, XEmbed or legacy stuff.

--
Emmanuele Bassi, Open Source Software Engineer
Intel Open Source Technology Center