[cairo] Multithreading in cairo 1.10?

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 07:30:09 PDT 2010

Slow? Sounds
> like you are actually asking for an asynchronous
multi-threaded pixman. Or
> use hardware acceleration.
-ickle

--
Chris Wilson, Intel Open
> Source Technology Centre

Definitely both of these things.  I'm on Ubuntu with open source nvidia, so nothing is hardware accelerated yet.
I'm really hoping that the combination of Nouveau with 3D support, Cairo-GL and Pypy will speed things up significantly for shoebot, some time in late 2010/early 2011.

(For the asynchronous part I'm going to be trying python multithreading with a queue so that the rendering doesn't happen in the main thread).