[cairo] Trying to export an EMF file.

Zoltán Turányi teknos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 02:36:47 PDT 2010

Hi Bryan,

I work with cairo using EMF and my experience is that you get a bitmap in
the EMF if you use cairo functions not supported
by GDI (or EMF). These include gradients and transparency. You can set the
resolution of the image cairo uses with
cairo_surface_set_fallback_resolution. If you want to insert a bitmap, EMF
can only store it in an uncompressed format,
so I see no way around that being exploded in size.

I am sure I do not get your problem fully, so my suggestions above are
probably off-target.

Zoltan