[cairo] glitz repo access and fixes

karx11erx karx11erx at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 14 03:39:30 PDT 2010

Hi,

an info and a question. :)

FYI: I am not able to access the glitz git repo from my Windows 7 machine
(using Git via TortoiseGit) using the repo url given on the glitz home page.
The following url works however:
http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/glitz.git

Q: glitz doesn't seem to be maintained well. I have read about problems with
floating and fixed point formats and gradient handling as well as
interfacing cairo among others. Would someone knowledgeable inform me about
current problems with glitz, particularly when using it with the latest
cairo version?

Background is that I am currently evaluating mapnik + cairo + glitz on
Windows 7 with the target of making it fully work on that platform.

Thank you

karx11erx