[cairo] glitz repo access and fixes

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 04:56:59 PDT 2010

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 04:44:37 -0700 (PDT), karx11erx <karx11erx at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> thank you for the information. We are usually creating images of about
> screen size and are looking to replace our current proprietary render
> backend with mapnik.
>
> Is cairo-gl built into cairo, or is it a separate library?

The cairo-gl backend is integrated into cairo, but has been only available
in the latest snapshots. I have just applied the initial patches to support
creating a context on Windows, so expect a few rough edges. The other
backend waiting in the wings for Windows, is a D2D backend under
development by Mozilla. Provided the drivers live up to expectations,
either of those should prove a very compelling acceleration
architecture for cairo.
-ickle