[cairo] bug with SATURATE + pdf + push_group ?

Adam Goode adam at spicenitz.org
Mon Jun 14 19:15:16 PDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 04:57 PM, Arjen Nienhuis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ghostscript doesn't show the 'strange seams' and I'm quite sure Acrobat
> won't either.
>
> It's not really a cairo PDF bug. If you draw 'rectangles next to each
> other' in Illustrator and save it as PDF you will also get seams in some
> PDF viewers.

Hi,

I was able to get it to show the seam with gv, but not acroread. What is
strange is that the seams are axis-aligned horizontal, not at a 45
degree angle as it would be if I did not use SATURATE in the group. The
seams that are appearing are not between rectangles that I draw, but
something that cairo is doing.

Some screenshots:

http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/tmp/evince.png
http://openslide.cs.cmu.edu/download/tmp/gv.png