[cairo] Bug: more grief in 1.9.8

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Jun 17 07:56:32 PDT 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:05:57 -0400, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  I downloaded from git the updated cairo-image-surface.c, recompiled and
> indeed the memory corruption (and a few other issues) went away.
>
>  However, here is a new one. Switching on ANTIALIAS_NONE causes this
> polygon to be improperly filled (note that both should be the same - I
> am filling the same outline). If you take out the last set of X/Y
> (marked with "comment this out") then in ANTIALIAS_NONE mode the fill is
> not being performed at all.

It was indeed new, a regression caused by the fix for the rounding. I'd
forgotten that we converted the trapezoids to the boxes in-place and so
inadvertently modified the input coordinates.

Thanks for the bug and the test case, they are really appreciated. The
only thing that concerns me is the amount of a1 rendering you are doing.
There are a very easy way to hit some slow paths... However, we would not
be getting the bug reports otherwise, so keep up the great work!
-ickle