[cairo] pixman - building error on Linux

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Tue Jun 22 20:26:28 PDT 2010

cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> writes:

> I am re-sending this, since I got the error again today. Anyone knows
> what this is about? Should I use another mailing list to contact Pixman
> developers?

The pixman at lists.freedesktop.org would be more appropriate.
Personally, I tend to read that list more frequently than the cairo
list.

But maybe it's just that nobody knows the answer to your question.

> This is the error I get when building pixman-0.18.2 on Ubuntu. This does
> not seem to affect the actual library, which is still usable. However, I
> can't find referenced functions in pixman source either.
>
> CCLD   clip-test
> clip-test.o: In function `main':
> clip-test.c:(.text+0x1bf): undefined reference to
> `pixman_region32_init_rect'
> clip-test.c:(.text+0x1cb): undefined reference to
> `pixman_image_set_clip_region32'

The functions are in the source. pixman_region32_init_rect() is
generated by a macro at line 371 of pixman-region.c, and
pixman_image_set_clip_region32() is defined at line 479 of
pixman-image.c

These functions have been in pixman since 0.12.0. Maybe you have some
older version installed and the test programs are trying to link with
it?

Soren