[cairo] Non-antialiased rendering in image surface

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 26 13:31:51 PDT 2010

I'll try to get a trace, but the issue is so common I don't think
specific trace is needed. Essentially any polygon drawn using non-pixel
aligned and non-axis-aligned edges causes this issue. All you need is
two polygons that share a portion of their outline, draw one and fill,
draw the other and fill. It's most visible when colors are the same.

Attached is the image of two polygons sharing part of outline drawn with
antialiasing turned on. Same area with antialiasing turned off looks
like a square of plain uniform color, so I didn't bother attaching it -
there is nothing there to see.