[cairo] Building Cairo and Pango on OSX and/or Windows

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Wed Jun 30 10:13:46 PDT 2010

A year or so ago, I posted instructions on how to build Cairo for
Windows and OSX. Unfortunately, these don't work very well if you want
to use them with a prebuilt binary of Pango you've downloaded from
somewhere else. The windows build is somewhat fragile as well, being
susceptible to changes in zlib and libpng.

So I'm experimenting with building a Cairo/Pango stack using jhbuild.
I know this isn't a jhbuild list, but I'm having trouble posting to
either the gtk-osx mailing list or their SF forum. I'm curious what
wisdom or help any of the Cairo/Pango developers can share with me. I
don't really want/need to build all of gtk, just Pango and Cairo. Can
I easily use jhbuild to do that? I'd like to build on both platforms
without fc/ft enabled. Where do I look to tweak that? Is it even
doable, since obviously fc/ft are a pretty basic part of gtk in general.

Thanks to anyone who can help. I'm irc.freenode.net#cairo usually as
well.

--
Travis Griggs
tgriggs at cincom.com
"The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when
he resigns momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself." -
Archibald MacLeish, poet and librarian