[cairo] Making configure error message more clear

Arjen Nienhuis a.g.nienhuis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 03:54:09 PDT 2010

At least document it in a section called 'Building on Linux/Unix' at
http://cairographics.org/download/

It's as simple as:

======================================

PREFIX=$HOME/my_cairo_build

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/cairo
git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/pixman

cd pixman
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX &&
    make && make install
cd ..

cd cairo
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig ./autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX &&
    make && make install
cd ..

But this took me quite some time to find out.