[cairo] Moving objects with mouse

João Oliveira joao.p.oliveira at iscte.pt
Sun May 9 14:14:39 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am quite new to gtk and cairo and I would like to ask what is the best way of doing the following very simple program:

I want to draw 2 different rectangles in a drawing area widget (?). I want to be able to move them with de mouse freely in the drawing area. Is there a way to associate the mouse to a single rectangle? How the best (the simple) way of doing this?
In the examples I saw, the objects were draw in the same widget. Is it possible to have different ones and simply move them in the window without have to redraw?

So help would be very appreciate!

Thanks
João Oliveira.