[cairo] Cairo & OpenGL: is this possible?

John C. Turnbull ozemale at ozemail.com.au
Fri May 14 02:38:47 PDT 2010

I believe Cairo/OpenGL integration is experimental at the moment but I will
outline what I would like to do and then hopefully someone can tell me if it
is or will be possible.

What I'd like to see is an application which renders using traditional
vector graphics with the ability to "embed" 3D graphics (OpenGL) in regions
of the surrounding 2D graphics.  So what you would end up with is a kind of
3D panel(s) inside a 2D infrastructure.

Is this kind of tight 2D/3D integration possible with Cairo and OpenGL now
or in the foreseeable future?

Thanks,

-JCT