[cairo] Hardware acceleration

Thomas Dempton t.dempton at yahoo.com
Fri May 21 12:57:49 PDT 2010

Cairo is by default hardware-accelerated, however certain operations can be better accelerated by hardware compared to others.
A good strategy is to cache whatever possible in native cairo-surfaces, and blit that surfaces when you neet to display it.

So,  instead of e.g. drawing 100 similar shapes, render the shape one time into an ARGB surface and blit that 100 times.