[cairo] Are there real-world cross-platform easy-to-install wxcairo apps?

Ram Rachum cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Sat May 22 15:57:28 PDT 2010

donn <donn.ingle <at> gmail.com> writes:

> > I'm developing a wxPython app that will be cross-platform and will be
> > installed easily in every OS. I am recently considering developing all
> > my widgets on wxcairo. But I am worried about how portable it will be.
> AFAIK, wxPython wraps cairo in the form of device context objects (etc.)
> and depending on your platform it will use cairo or something else.
> pyCairo is not related to wxPython (I could be wrong, it's been a while
> since I looked.)
>
> Check the wxPython wiki and join their list for better info.
>
> \d

Hello Donn,

(Please put me in the `to` field next time.)

I'm a member of wxPython-users and I asked them, but there was no response, so
I'm assuming they don't know of anything.

I think you're right that pyCairo is not related to wxPython. But the most
important thing for me to know is whether someone already battle-tested their
combination. (i.e. Made a real-world app that relies on wxcairo.)

Given the lack of response I'm starting to think that there's no such thing.

Ram.